SATURDAY RACE CLINIC
To assist our students, members and non-members in gaining maximum sailing experience in the least time we have been running "Saturday Racing Clinics" for the past 40 years. Racing forces you to learn how to sail fast and efficiently so it is the best way to hone your skills. It is also fun to try and beat others. Racing is open to all ages between 16-96 regardless of experience.The format is short and sweet:
- Check-in at the marina desk at 10:15am Saturday. No prior reservation required. The cost is $50 per person.
- 10:30am: Skipper's Meeting commences. The Principal Race Officer goes over the course, expected wind conditions, starting sequence, and House Rules. We then assign participants to their boats. An experienced skipper is always on board each boat. If winds are over 12 knots steady then newbees can steer but only on the reaches and runs. Having an inexperienced person steering at the start or windward legs can be dangerous in higher winds.
- Everyone boards their boats and heads for the race course.
- The Race Committee holds three races; it is usually a "Gold Cup Course" or triangle. Video commentary is given so we can all learn from mistakes.
- We usually return to the dock by 1-1:15pm. A de-briefing is given and participants enjoy grilled hot dogs and refreshments while we talk about who won and why they won. Awards are presented to the winning crew.
This event has been called "the best deal in town" for racing. If you would like to see some video highlights of Saturday Racing just go to YouTube.com and do a search for "Castle Harbor Saturday Racing 2015" and you will see video with commentary of recent races.
Contact Us for more Race Clinic information.